Re: case-insensitive filename completion?

"Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

 > On Mar 16,  3:13pm, John S Cooper wrote:
 > } Subject: case-insensitive filename completion?
 > }
 > } Has anyone considered adding [case-insensitive filename completion] to
 > } the unix version?
 >
 > It's in the 3.1.6 development series.  You can find a fairly recent copy
 > of the source under ftp.zsh.org:/pub/development/.  There are several ways
 > to configure it; the most direct is:
 >
 > 	zstyle ":completion:*" matcher-list 'm:{A-Za-z}={a-zA-Z}'

I've just installed 3.6.1 and have the case-insensitive completion working with
this (from the man pages):

    compctl -M 'm:{a-zA-Z}={A-Za-z}'

I notice there's a huge amount of new stuff, which will inevitably take some
time to learn about.  Initial differences I notice:

1) My `setopt autolist' behavior seems to no longer work:

3.0.5:
  $ echo $Z<TAB>
=>
  $ echo $ZSH_
  ZSH_NAME     ZSH_VERSION

3.1.6:
  $ echo $Z<TAB>
=>
  $ echo $ZSH_

2) If my cursor is at the bottom of my xterm window, filename completion
scrolls the "current line" upwards in order to list completions below.  With
3.0.5 the cursor remained on the bottom line and completions were listed
above.  I preferred the 3.0.5 behavior, as I could just look at the bottom for
my input line rather than having to look upwards to find it.

If anyone can show me how to "fix" these 2 quibbles, I'll probably live with
the new version and gradually learn it over time.  [I suppose I am being lazy,
but just have too much "real" work to do right now! :-)]

Thanks,

    --- John