strange effect on Linux

Hi !

Sorry this might be off-topic since I've experienced something
similar with bash

The following script (normally a function)
works just fine on my SGI box.
But at home (Linux 2.4.2 / glibc2.2.2)
and latest zsh it fails

#!/bin/zsh
Mode=Prod
V=0
R=9063

Progs=(perl5.7.$V sperl5.7.$V perl suidperl a2p c2ph h2ph h2xs \
       perlbug perldoc pl2pm splain perlcc dprofpp s2p find2perl \
       pod2man pod2html pod2latex pod2text pod2usage podchecker podselect pstruct)
mkdir Perl.$Mode.5.7.$V.$R
mv -f $^Progs Perl.$Mode.5.7.$V.$R/

Again and again I get the error messages

mv: Perl.Prod.5.7.0.9063/perl: No such file or directory
mv: Perl.Prod.5.7.0.9063/suidperl: No such file or directory
mv: Perl.Prod.5.7.0.9063/pstruct: No such file or directory

and I don't understand why it tries to access these files.
After that, these files (perl,suidperl,pstruct) are NOT
moved to the directory Perl.Prod.5.7.0.9063 as wanted.
I have to do by hand.

What might go on here?
I'm just puzzled.

Thanks for a hint,