Re: strange effect on Linux

On Mar 12, 10:51am, jarausch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
} Subject: strange effect on Linux
}
} Progs=(perl5.7.$V sperl5.7.$V perl suidperl a2p c2ph h2ph h2xs \
}        perlbug perldoc pl2pm splain perlcc dprofpp s2p find2perl \
}        pod2man pod2html pod2latex pod2text pod2usage podchecker podselect pstruct)
} mkdir Perl.$Mode.5.7.$V.$R
} mv -f $^Progs Perl.$Mode.5.7.$V.$R/
}
} Again and again I get the error messages
}
} mv: Perl.Prod.5.7.0.9063/perl: No such file or directory
} mv: Perl.Prod.5.7.0.9063/suidperl: No such file or directory
} mv: Perl.Prod.5.7.0.9063/pstruct: No such file or directory
}
} and I don't understand why it tries to access these files.

perl, suidperl, and pstruct are all hard links to other files.  In each
case your "mv" command has already "mv"d the other name (e.g. perl5.7.0
for perl) for those files to the new directory.

This sounds like a bug in "mv" -- are you using zsh's files module, or
/bin/mv, or ...?  Which linux *distribution* (not just kernel version)
of linux are you using?  What version of GNU fileutils?  Are there any
NFS file systems involved?