Re: vim bindings from nowhere

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> Could you explain what "getting vim keybindings" means?
>
> Do you mean that ZLE behaves entirely like vi, or do you mean that
> somehow keys in the emacs mode are becoming bound to vim-like sequences?

It means that zle behaves entirely like vi

> Are any of those variables named EDITOR or VISUAL, by any chance?
>
> If EDITOR or VISUAL contains the substring "vi", then ZLE starts up with
> the vi mode bindings, otherwise it starts up with emacs mode.

Yes, I suppose that would be it, I do use 'vim' for my
editor and visual, but I do so under both accounts and
only one of my accounts have this problem.

I do like vim, so that's what I use, but I do not like
zsh's vi keybindings.

Jeff "Shippy" Shipman     E-Mail: shippy@xxxxxxx
Computer Science Major    ICQ: 1786493
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
Homepage: http://www.nmt.edu/~shippy