Re: vim bindings from nowhere

--- Jeff Shipman <shippy@xxxxxxx> wrote: >
> The account without zle vi mode probably has a 'binkey -e' in its
> > /etc/zshrc (or similar).

> Nope, none of my accounts have 'bindkey -e' and neither
> do any of my /etc/zsh* files.

bindkey -e was the solution. export EDITOR=vim or export VISUAL=vim are
the likely culprits. bindkey -v could also be a culprit.

Just put bindkey -e (or bindkey -me) in every .zshrc you have just
before any other bindkey command.

EDITOR or VISUAL could well be set to vi somewhere else like
/etc/profile. You could also try setting them to something else.

It still annoys me that whenever I do zsh -f, I get vi key bindings. I
even set $EDITOR to pico once to avoid this but discovered that quite a
few things actually use $EDITOR.

Oliver