Re: compinit quirk

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> Oops, I didn't read your original message closely, only Andrej's response.
>
> Now I'm confused, too.  This was supposedly fixed by zsh-workers/12033,
> according to the conversation in zsh-workers/12368, but apparently it
> wasn't (or at least not in the way I thought).

Quoting the docs:

  For security reasons tt(compinit) also checks if the completion system
  would use files not owned by root or by the current user, or files in
  directories that are world- or group-writable or that are not owned by
  root or by the current user.  If such files or directories are found,
  tt(compinit) will ask if the completion system should really be used.  To
  avoid these tests and make all files found be used without asking, use the
  option tt(-u), and to make tt(compinit) silently ignore all insecure files
  and directories use the option tt(-i).  This security check is skipped
  entirely when the tt(-C) option is given.

And both of `compinit -i' and `compinit -u' work for me as described.

Bye
  Sven