Re: New mail notification not working

On Aug 19,  2:39pm, Russell Hoover wrote:
} Subject: New mail notification not working
}
} I'm using the maildir mailbox format with mutt.
} and I cannot get the "You have new mail." to show in zsh.

If you built zsh yourself, try recompiling it with --enable-maildir-support.

Otherwise, zsh only checks for files that have changed -- that is, files
whose modify time is the same as or more recent than their access time.  If
the newly created files in your maildir "new" subdirectory don't have that
property, zsh won't report them as new mail.