Re: retrieving invocation arguments

Bart Schaefer wrote:
>   ## begin saveopts
>   emulate -L zsh	# This takes care of ksharrays et al.

It also screws everything up completely, appearing at that point.  That's
why I tried to do the minimum, saving the options to an ordinary array,
first.

>   # I'm not sure what PWS was doing with zmodload -e ...

I can't spell `-i'.

> Of course none of this answers the original question, because by the time
> the user gets to execute any shell code the options may have been changed
> by /etc/zshenv.

OK, I missed the point that Adam wants to restart the shell as it was
invoked, rather than as it now is.  You can argue which is more useful.
If you don't use -f, you can at least arrange to restart it as it was after
the startup scripts finished the last time, which is equivalent if you want
to prepare a given environment.  With -f you're more stuck.

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 392070

and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.