Re: retrieving invocation arguments

Peter Stephenson (pws@xxxxxxx) wrote:
> OK, I missed the point that Adam wants to restart the shell as it was
> invoked, rather than as it now is.  You can argue which is more useful.

To give some context to this, some machines I use have RedHat
brokenness in /etc/zshrc, which I avoid by invoking zsh with -d from
my .switch_shell.  If I then tweak something in my .zshrc for
instance, or cvs update and reinstall a new zsh, I want to be able to
just type `restart' to get a fresh new shell, hence the need for
restart preserving the -d option.