Re: compctl -g not working

On Oct 3,  2:23pm, Sweth Chandramouli wrote:
} Subject: Re: compctl -g not working
} On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 04:24:22PM +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote:
} > On Oct 3,  2:15am, Sweth Chandramouli wrote:
} > } kshglob               on
} >
} > That's it right there.  `*(stuff)' means something different with kshglob.
}
} 	.  Unsetting kshglob doesn't change the behaviour, either.

I apologize; it's not kshglob that's the problem, it's shglob.

SH_GLOB <K> <S>
     Disables the special meaning of `(', `|', `)' and '<' for globbing
     the result of parameter and command substitutions, and in some
     other places where the shell accepts patterns.  This option is
     set by default if zsh is invoked as sh or ksh.

One of the "some other places" is in compctl expressions.

} So now, in addition to my original question, I'm also wondering why
} I've been able to use the *(:qualifiers) syntax for so long given that
} I've had kshglob set.

Because you also have bare_glob_qual set, which I missed.  That takes
precedence over kshglob, so that *(stuff) at the -end- of a pattern is
still treated as a * followed by qualifiers.