Re: compinit problems with Cygwin and Win2000

> Try removing the '| sort' from that expression and see if
> the line endings
> are still funny.

Then it works!  It turns out that I was using the sort.exe in c:/WINNT/system32/sort
(did not know there was one). This sort.exe insert the ^Ms

I am now back to using the original compdump file and having

    path=(/usr/bin $path)

in my .zshrc

> Although I'm interested in the result you get, I'd also
> suggest that you
> replace that entire expression with
>
> _d_als=($(typeset +fm _\*))
>
> which ought to be a whole lot faster anyway.

That works too. So will you change it in the zsh distribution (compdump
file) too? A speedup would be good because the compinit call is slow.
(I use compinit -C in my .zshrc to speed it up a bit)

--
Vagn Johansen