Re: problem building zsh in background

Danek Duvall <duvall@xxxxxxxxxxx> typed:
: On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 09:43:50PM -0800, Philippe Troin wrote:
:> Why do you want to run configure with nohup?
: In my case, it's more likely that I'd want to run configure from a cron
: script -- nightly builds.

Hmm, you shouldn't need nohup to run from cron.  I've been doing this for
over two years without problems with something like the following script
and have it email the results to me.

#!/bin/sh
cd /my/zsh/path
make realclean || true
CVS_RSH=ssh /usr/bin/cvs update -dP
Util/preconfig
./configure  '--enable-cflags=-O2 -Wall -g' --enable-zsh-debug --enable-zsh-mem --enable-zsh-mem-debug --enable-zsh-mem-warning --enable-zsh-secure-free --enable-zsh-hash-debug
make

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing : <gcw@xxxxxxxxx>