Re: Named Dirs Not Registered for Completion Until Used

On May 1,  1:43pm, Aaron Davies wrote:
}
} hash -d palmfiles=~/Documents/Palm/Users/Aaron\ Davies/Files\ to\ Install
}
} but according to the zsh docs, I shouldn't have to do this.

Can you give the citation from the docs that says so?

I think you may be misunderstanding the doc, but it could be that the doc
is wrong.  What you should be able to do is

zsh% cd ~palmfiles/<TAB>

and see a listing of the subdirs in that directory, without first having
to have used ~palmfiles.  But completing the parameter name of the named
directory without first using it has not to my knowledge ever worked,
unless you "setopt autonamedirs" so that the named directory springs into
existence as soon as you assign to it.

(I don't know whether that works with exported variables when imported
by new shells, though.)