Re: terminal resizing and prompt problem

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 22:56:13 -0700 (PDT)

> However, it occurs to me that you can make it look pretty much the same by
> printing the first line yourself in the precmd function and having the
> second line as the value of $PS1.
>
> E.g.
>
>  precmd() { print -rP $'\e[1;32m[%d]\e[0m' }
>  PS1=$'%{\e[1;34m%}[%T]%{\e[1;32m%}%%%{\e[0m%} '

That works like a charm.  I'm pretty new to zsh, so I hadn't played around
with the precmd function yet.  Pretty cool.

> Incidentally, I also use fvwm, but I almost never resize a window by
> dragging.  I have a title-bar button using a function for "Maximize 0 100"
> and simply toggle back and forth between having the window be the full
> height of the display, and whatever height it started at.  What's the
> point of mucking around with anything in between?

That's what I do too, most of the time.  But sometimes I want my windows just
so.

Thanks a lot for your responses.

Nate

--