Re: Tip of the day: previous command output

(I think we're making a run at the longest zsh-users thread ever.)

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Andy Spiegl wrote:

> I'm having problems with binding a key to "accept-and-menu-complete".
> I thought that Ctrl-Enter would be a nicely fitting key for that (which
> one do you guys use?) and tried
>  bindkey -M menuselect '\C\r' accept-and-menu-complete

The '\C' prefix is meaningless, and ignored, for characters outside the
range a-z (or A-Z).  It's a shortcut for an ASCII value, not a shortcut
for (e.g.) an X11 key event.

Whether Ctrl-Enter is meaningful depends entirely on your terminal or
emulator, and probably either sends a plain return, or sends a multi-
character sequence like a function key would.  You need to find out what
it sends and bind to _that_.