Re: bindkey -v and alt-. for previous cmd arg

* Matthias B. (msbREMOVE-THIS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> No, that's not how it works. It's just that in some terminals (the Linux
> console for example, at least with some keymaps) Alt-. produces ESC-.
> But this is by no means standard. In my Xterm, when I press Alt-. I get
> the (R) registered trademark sign

I found that the usual zsh behaviour of alt-. could be had in any other
terminal but xterm, or on the console.

I downgraded to xterm 4.1.0 (from 4.3.0), and the problem is fixed.

I've filed a bug report in the (debian) system, under xterm.

I'm very relieved to be able to get back to business.

Thanks,

Nick Croft