Re: Tab completion and '{'

On Mar 12, 11:00am, Haakon Riiser wrote:
} Subject: Tab completion and '{'
}
} Is it possible to make the completion system treat '{' as a normal
} character?

The short answer is, no.

The long answer is that this seems to be a real bug in completion:

The expansion of brace expressions is handled in the builtin commands
that support compsys, e.g. "comptry".  And within "comptry", there is
no test of the IGNORE_BRACES setopt that I can see, so effectively the
brace handling behavior is hardwired in at a low level and cannot be
turned off.

It might be possible to rewrite _files to work around this, but I'm not
feeling like attempting it just now ... Oliver, perhaps?  The idea would
be to check for a possible literal match of the brace(s) and then insert
backslashes if necessary, before calling the builtins to parse the string.