Re: Little problem while converting from bash (quoting/splitting?)

On Sun, 15 May 2005 18:48:25 +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote
> On May 15,  4:48pm, krasnal wrote:
> } Subject: Re: Little problem while converting from bash (quoting/splitting?
> }
> } On Thu, 12 May 2005 16:29:11 +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote
> } > Bash apparently reads stdin/stdout pipes in text mode, whereas
> zsh } > does so in binary mode. } } I understand the difference but
> I'm not sure I follow your arguments } here :)).  Why reading in
> text mode would be problematic?
>
> Suppose you have 7663 bytes of data containing 97 \r\n sequences.
> You don't know whether it's text or binary data.

Sorry Bart for provoking such an elaborate response from you :).  I understand
that, I just had some strange mixture of expectations in my mind
(partially based on beliving in word splitting on white space characters).
I think I got it correct by now and there were no more problems during
transition so I'm now using zsh in all systems I have access to :)).

Best regards
Andrzej

--
   /  | \_/ |/ _ \   Andrzej Marek Ostruszka