Re: ${i:r}-question

From: zzapper <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ${i:r}-question
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 18:11:41 +0100

Hi David ! :)

 Thanks for your reply.

 Hrmmm....may be I struggled over my own limited English in this
 conversation.

 With "(nice tool! use it! :O)))" I meant "Atool is a nice tool and I
 want to recommend it."

 Unfortunately I dont know exactly, whether I understood you right:
 "Can't see where you'd use it?"

 Do you want to know why/when I use it? If so:

 A comparison: Packing a sourcetree with p7zip, preserving as much
 information a possible, conventional way:

 tar cvf - <sourcetree> | 7z a -si <sourcetree>.7z -

 With apack:

 apack <sourcetree>.7z <sourcetree>

 I think, this clearifies things a little ?! :O)

 Keep zshing and have a nice weekend!
 Meino