Re: ${i:r}-question

On Aug 26,  6:32pm, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
}
}  I am currently wrting a little shell script, which encapsulates the
}  new "arepack" addition of atool-0.31.0 (nice tool! use it! :O))).

I'm glad you answered zzapper's question because I was scratching my
head over why it made a difference if the bzip'd file was also tar'd.

}  I am wondering, whether it would possible to strip off more than one
}  "instance" of extension ("tar.bz2" instead of "bz2") from "$afile"

You mean e.g. ${${(M)afile%%(.tar|).(7z|bz2|gz)}#.} except that you
don't want to have to enumerate (7z|bz2|gz)?  Otherwise I'm not clear
on the question.

Incidentally if it's important to know about the "tar" part, then have
you considered what to do with e.g. ".tgz" files?