Re: Vanishing files ?

On May 28,  8:38pm, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
}
} > Have you checked that you're not, for example, attempting to execute
} > a program named "/bin/zsh^M" (where ^M is a carriage return)?
}
}   With vim I loaded the script in question and did a
}   "set list", which displays anything, which normally is suppressed.
}   After the "h" of "#!/bin/zsh" there is only a "$", meaning that
}   this is the end of line.

That's not necessarily an accurate test.  If the "fileformats" option in
vim includes the word "dos", then it will treat "\r\n" as end of line and
hide the ^M from you, even with "set list".

}   Same results with another editor (Microemacs).

I don't know anything about Microemacs specifically, but most Emacs
variants also are "smart" about automatically handling line endings.

Try "cat -v" on the script.