Re: The opposite of bindkey -m

On Sep 3,  3:12am, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
}
}  I thought, that the input would be chained:
}  (input)->mrxvt->zsh->mc
}  because these apps were started in that order.

It actually happens like this:

 (input)->Xserver->mrxvt-+->zsh

		         +->mc

That is, if zsh were not wait()ing for mc, it could share the stream
from the terminal ... but each doesn't have its own copy of the stream,
so zsh and mc would be stealing keystrokes from each other, which
obviously you don't want.

}  Yes, I have changed mrxvt via the option "-m8" to produce Meta-keys
}  as "binary" values (sorry, dont know, what the correct terminux
}  technicus is here...) instead of key sequences.
}
}  I thnk, I get lost here.

I also misunderstood what you meant.  You mean Meta+x produces either
a single character whose value is 0200+0170, or that it produces the
two characters 033 and 0170.  That's not covered by terminfo, which
only describes things like the arrow keys.

}  The only way seems to be an alias of that form:
}
}  alias='mrxvt -e mc'  #...leaving off the "-m8"

I installed mrxvt long enough to play with it ... and I can't see any
way to change m8 on the fly.  On the other hand, you can use .vimrc
to map all the Esc-x pairs to their single-byte counterparts, even if
there is no corresponding map file for mc.