A POSIX and a UTF-8 question

Hi,

and pardon me but I've got few lame questions regarding the upcoming
zsh-4.4..

- is there any documentation explaining conformance of zsh as /bin/sh
with the latest POSIX sh spec?

- any ideas when zsh-4.4 supporting UTF-8 could be released? As a Linux
user I see that Debian and RHEL are being prepared for a release by the
end of the year and as they will be in use for years to come it would
be great if zsh with UTF-8 support would be available on them by
default.

Cheers!