Re: zsh: complete $PATH specs / emacs keybindings when editor is vi

On Thu, 29 May 2008 11:43:15 +0100
"Edd Barrett" <vext01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Edd Barrett <vext01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Works great! Thanks
>
> Come to think of it there was one other feature which I have seen a
> tcsh user using. It was the ability to start typing a command and
> recall commands from the history which match the command so far. Is
> this possible with zsh?

You've got two choices:  history-beginning-search-backward (which searches
for what's behind the cursor) and history-search-backward (which searches
for the first word no matter where the cursor is).  See the zshzle manual
page.