Re: Ignore insecure directories and continue

Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

> On Jun 15, 10:04pm, zzapper wrote:
> }
> } It goes away if I disable compinit.
> } I guess it's a path problem. I will start eliminating sections of my
> .zshenv
>
> That's probably the answer for "grep", but the "insecure directories"
> problem is going to be related to $fpath, not $path.
>
> On the PC where this works without complaint, do:
>
> zsh% ls -l $fpath
>
> Then do the same on the machine where you get the "insecure" complaint
> and compare.  If there are world- or group-writable directories on the
> second machine that aren't writable on the first, make the permissions
> on the second machne match the first.

Hi I solved this by
chmod 755-ing all the directories reported by compinit

$ chmod 755 /usr/bin/zsh /usr/share/zsh/site-functions
/usr/share/zsh/4.3.4/functions /usr/local /usr/share/zsh
/usr/share/zsh/4.3.4

they had been 777 (why? don't know)

Whoops red face
I hadn't been using compinit on old PC but rather compctl, so that's why
the new .zshenv "uncovered" the problem. Sorry about this but may be this
posting someone else who has this problem.

--
zzapper
http://successtheory.com/tips/ Vim, Zsh, MySQL Tips