Re: new-style completion and large numbers of users

On Wed 09.Jul.08 10:08, Eric D. Friedman wrote:
I'm using zsh 4.2.0 on a machine with a very large number of users. When I first log on and do a completion of any kind, it triggers a cache-load of all of the user names, which is quite time consuming. I'd like to disable that behavior but can't see how to do it. The archives have some ideas for old style completion but I didn't see anything for the new system.

Ideas?

You can make zsh complete just the usernames you will be more likely to use with

zstyle ':completion:*' users user1 user2

Not specifying any users will effectively disable login name completions. See zshcompsys(1) for a description of this style.

--
redondos