Re: Why does extended_history timestamp commands that are not under its 'control'?

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 13:36, Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> "Not storing" and "not touching" the information are different things:

True. Sorry.

> if it's not touched when written, it's simply stored as gibberish.  It
> sounds like what you're asking for is an extra flag or a slightly
> different variant of the format.

Well, not quite a new format. Just a way to make ZSH not pretend
to have information it can not possibly possess.
As I said, I can see situations where this might be a good thing,
but for me, it is a bad one :)

Richard