Re: Midnight Commander and zsh - "Warning: cannot change directory..."

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 11:23:33 -0200, Zbigniew B. wrote:

> It's not about message itself (that surely comes from mc) but about
> the reason, _why_ it is so, when the shell is zsh, and mc has subshell
> enabled. Didn't notice nothing like this in case of bash, so the
> answer is rather simple: there's something wrong in cooperation zsh
> <-> mc, and I'm trying to find out, what exactly. But the most
> annoying thing is spoiling the mc's panels.

It happens with bash too. Regarding login and interactive shell (bash or zsh)
when SHELL=/bin/bash is set underscore char in dir name causes:

Warning: Cannot change to /home/users/[....]/public_html

unset SHELL or export SHELL=sth_other_than_bash fixes it.
So check for SHELL value and blame mc-bash interaction.

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>