Re: dll Error on cygwin

On Fri, 1 May 2009, Thomas Richter wrote:

Greetings, Thomas,

Hi Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>,
you wrote on Friday, 2009-05-01 10:19:36 +0100:
Thomas Richter wrote:
Hi,
I'm not sure whether the more a question for cygwin is.
But I got sometimes the message:
625428031 [main] zsh 5200 C:\Programme\cygwin\bin\zsh.exe: *** fatal error -
unable to remap C:\Programme\cygwin\lib\zsh\4.3.9\zsh\zle.dll to same address
 as parent(0x11C0000) != 0x1050000
625433364 [main] zsh 2076 fork: child 5200 - died waiting for dll loading, er
rno 11
zsh: fork failed: resource temporarily unavailable

If this is Vista, then such things are endemic in Cygwin.  Last time I
asked, Peter Castro suggested there was no easy fix for problems of this
type, just ad-hoc magic.

No this happend on WinXP SP2. And only after an update. Years it worked
well and after an update this message appears sometimes.

As someone else noted (Thorston?) try running 'rebase'.  If that doesn't
resolve it, I'll have to gen a new package using the latest Cygwin to
adjust the default load addresses.

This may clear up with Cygwin-1.7, but I wouldn't bet on it.

wkr Thomas Richter

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@xxxxxxxxxxxx> or <Peter.Castro@xxxxxxxxxx>