Re: make zsh completion ergonomics closer to those of bash?

On Thursday 04 of February 2010 04:37:00 Ian Clarke wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 6:17 PM, Ian Clarke <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I had some different settings, but now I get the same as you, but
> > the
>
> > behavior isn't what I'm looking for:
> Just a note that I have all the same problems even when I start zsh
> with the "-fx" options (which I believe prevent it from reading its
> config files).

zsh -f still reads /etc/zshenv or whatever is configured on OS/X for it.

I cannot reproduce it on Linux with empty /etc/zshenv. Running zsh -f
starts with menucomplete and new completion system both disabled and
gives mostly behaviour you want as was already noted.

If it does not work for you after zsh -f, you really should raise it
with your distro ...