Git completion - contributing to git.git

Hi,

As a user of Git, I'd like to have Git completion in sync with the Git
project itself rather than with zsh. I don't update zsh as much as Git.

I'm not saying that having completion in the zsh project doesn't make
sense but that it's more relevant to have latest version of the
completion in the Git project.

What about starting contributing to Git ('contrib/completion' looks like
a good path) ?  Could Git completion contributors send their patches to
the Git project too ?

PS: I know the Git mailing list doesn't need subscription to post.  Does
the zsh lists ask for subscribing ?

--
Nicolas Sebrecht