Re: Synchronous vs. Asynchronous

On Aug 20,  4:45pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} > So if we're going to cause zsh to wait for >(...), we should change
} > the description in the documentation to no longer say "asynchronous".
}
} Actually, I think it already does that, except in the case of a builtin not
} run inside { ... }

Based on Vincent's description, it's an external command not run inside
{ ... } for which it becomes asynchronous.  Any builtin, including any
command in { ... }, does make it synchronous.

(All of this begs the question of what happens with <(...), but that's
less likely to be noticed by anyone.)

} My big remaining worry is whether the >(...) could think it's in the
} foreground when it's actually in the background after the patch in the
} second subthread.

Yes, mine too.