Re: do you use separate .zshenv and .zshrc files?

On Saturday, April 28, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Benjamin R. Haskell wrote:

> My config currently spans 19 files, so my bias should be apparent. I
> keep everything in ~/.zsh/, except for machine-specific settings, which
> I put in ~/.zsh.local/. And ~/.zshenv is a symlink to ~/.zsh/.zshenv,
> which sets ZDOTDIR to ~/.zsh. My ~/.zsh/.zshrc sources the other files
> in ~/.zsh/, most of which have some guard at the top (e.g.
> ~/.zsh/.zsh_screen returns if the `screen` command isn't installed).

Ok, now I'm curious:

1. What are the 19 files? Functions in one, aliases in another, variables in another? I can't even imagine that many different files, but maybe I'm missing something.

2. Are you primarily using one computer or several?  If several, how do you keep this in sync?

FWIW my ~/.zshenv and ~/.zshenv are links to ~/Dropbox/etc/Zsh/env.sh and ~/Dropbox/etc/Zsh/rc.sh but I have some shell accounts which I can't sync via Dropbox so I end up syncing them manually (scp) and it always seems like one file would be easier there too. OTOH I suppose rsync would be easy enough.

TjL