Re: "embedded": tips for a small(er) zsh installation size?

Hello,

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Axel Beckert <abe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]

> sed -e
> 's:Completion/\(AIX\|Darwin\|Solaris\|Cygwin\|Mandriva\|openSUSE\)/\*/\*
> ::g' -i config.modules
>
> But the gain in free disk space inside /usr/share/zsh was just about
> 5% as most of the disk space is needed for Completion/Unix.

I can also delete Debian, Redhat and X ;-) then I gain about 1 MB in space.

But to be honest, in OpenWrt users are likely to be running a compressed
file system so it may not matter that much. Others (like me) will be
running the root FS on top of a USB stick and then space is not that much
of a concern.

Thanks for the ncdu tip, nice to know about it.

(BTW, thanks to everyone for all the answers!)

Kind regards,
--
Francisco