Re: Outputting colored zsh prompts from an external script

> > So far this color issue is the only thing getting in my way...
>
> Your python script needs to either output %F{color} / %K{color} instead
> of the raw ANSI sequences, or (might be easier) put %{ and %} around the
> ANSI.  Both methods tell zsh that this output is "zero-width" on the
> terminal, so it doesn't count those bytes when determing how much screen
> space the prompt uses.  See also %G in the manual.

That was exactly what I needed, thanks! Took all of two seconds to apply
and worked perfectly. I've updated the gist. The Python code could be
written more clearly, to make it explicit that the ANSI codes are
getting wrapped in zsh zero-width codes. Once I've given it some testing
and finished it off, I'll publish the script properly somewhere.