Re: Colored-character displayed on CTRL-C ?

On Sep 23,  2:10pm, Phil Pennock wrote:
}
} My apologies, I misinterpreted the point at which you were pressing
} Ctrl-C and my advice won't help at all.  Sorry.

Actually you're not that far off.  $? == 1 after interrupting ZLE with
the terminal interrupt character, so it is possible to have the prompt
show something instead of trapping the signal.  It's just not possible
to distinguish a command that was interrupted before it started from
one that exited with status 1 without doing some additional work.

E.g., you could test for $HISTNO having changed, or not, though that
gets tricky with HIST_IGNORE_DUPS.