Re: 5.0.2-test-2 is available

Peter Stephenson wrote:
> Another test for zsh 5.0.3 is available, 5.0.2-test-3, as you'll see if
> you go to http://www.zsh.org/pub/development/ .  (The second compressed
> version of the doc bundle was still to arrive when I looked but that
> shouldn't worry you.)
>
>...... --- if you have a slightly out of the ordinary OS or
> distribution it would be useful if you could try it out and report
> problems.

I downloaded and successfully built the new test version on Cygwin, the Posix emulation layer.   The make check produced five test failures.

    FAIL V08zpty.ztst		 so the zpty module dies.

The first failed test is V08zpty.ztst, hangs indefinitely, which it normally does on
my Cygwin setup.  I think it has to do with Cygwin's emulating pipes or sockets or the
like.

The other four tests which fail are, but they don't hang:
     FAIL Y01completion.ztst
     FAIL Y02compmatch.ztst
     FAIL Y03arguments.ztst

These failures commonly occur on Cygwin, but I still use zsh.  I guess I don't use the features relavent to the failed tests.   But, I would like to remove as many failures as possible.  If you can spot anything in the below that can be fixed in a manner that works on Cygwin would be good,

Regards

TEST/CHECK OUTPUT FOLLOWS:
#
# Below is output related to the four failure cases.
#
Renamed V08zpty.ztst to V08zpty.ztst.ignore
and reran  make check  which then fully ran.  Albeit with errors as shown below:

Test ./X02zlevi.ztst failed: non-zero status from preparation code:
  if ( zmodload -i zsh/zpty ) >/dev/null 2>&1; then
    . $ZTST_srcdir/comptest
    comptestinit -v -z $ZTST_testdir/../Src/zsh
  else
    ZTST_unimplemented="the zsh/zpty module is not available"
  fi
./X02zlevi.ztst: test failed.
Test ./X02zlevi.ztst failed: bad status 1, expected 0 from:
  zletest $'one two\ebmt3|`tx``'
Was testing: setting mark and returning to original position
./X02zlevi.ztst: test failed.
 ----
./Y01completion.ztst: starting.
Test ./Y01completion.ztst failed: non-zero status from preparation code:
  if ( zmodload -i zsh/zpty ) >/dev/null 2>&1; then
    . $ZTST_srcdir/comptest
    mkdir comp.tmp
    cd comp.tmp
    comptestinit -z $ZTST_testdir/../Src/zsh &&
    {
      mkdir dir1 &&
      mkdir dir2 &&
      touch file1 &&
      touch file2
    }
  else
    ZTST_unimplemented="the zsh/zpty module is not available"
  fi
./Y01completion.ztst: test failed.
Test ./Y01completion.ztst failed: bad status 1, expected 0 from:
  comptest $': \t\t\t\t\t\t\t'
Was testing: directories and files
./Y01completion.ztst: test failed.
 ----
./Y02compmatch.ztst: starting.
Test ./Y02compmatch.ztst failed: non-zero status from preparation code:
  if ( zmodload -i zsh/zpty ) >/dev/null 2>&1; then
    . $ZTST_srcdir/comptest
    mkdir match.tmp
    cd match.tmp
    comptestinit -z $ZTST_testdir/../Src/zsh &&
    {
      list1=(IndianRed IndianRed2 IndianRed3 IndianRed4)
      test_code () {
        matcher=$1;
        list=$2;
        code="compdef _tst tst ; _tst () { echo -n '<COMPADD>';compadd -M '"
        code="$code$matcher"
        code="$code'  - ${(P)list} ; echo  -n '</COMPADD>'"
          code="$code; $extra_cmd"
          code="$code; echo -n '<INSERT_POSITIONS>'"
          code="$code; echo \$compstate[insert_positions]"
          code="$code; echo -n '</INSERT_POSITIONS>'"
          code="$code}"
        comptesteval "$code"
  else
    ZTST_unimplemented="the zsh/zpty module is not available"
  fi
./Y02compmatch.ztst: test failed.
Test ./Y02compmatch.ztst failed: bad status 1, expected 0 from:
 test_code z: list1
 comptest  $'tst \t'
Error output:
(eval):1: command not found: test_code
Was testing: Match Error for "z:"
./Y02compmatch.ztst: test failed.
 ----
./Y03arguments.ztst: starting.
Test ./Y03arguments.ztst failed: non-zero status from preparation code:
  if ( zmodload -i zsh/zpty ) >/dev/null 2>&1; then
    . $ZTST_srcdir/comptest
    mkdir comp.tmp
    cd comp.tmp
    comptestinit -z $ZTST_testdir/../Src/zsh &&
    {
      comptesteval 'compdef _tst tst'
      tst_arguments () { comptesteval "_tst () { _arguments ${${(@qq)*}} }" }
    }
  else
    ZTST_unimplemented="the zsh/zpty module is not available"
  fi
./Y03arguments.ztst: test failed.
Test ./Y03arguments.ztst failed: bad status 1, expected 0 from:
 tst_arguments ':desc1:(arg1)'
 comptest $'tst \t\C-wa\t\C-war\t\C-warg\t\C-warg1\t\C-wr\t\C-wx\t \ty \t'
Error output:
(eval):1: command not found: tst_arguments
Was testing: one non-option argument
./Y03arguments.ztst: test failed.

37 successful test scripts, 4 failures, 0 skipped

End