Re: Pasting a line end doesn't work anymore

On 06/30/2015 03:10 AM, Peter Stephenson wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 11:32:18 +0200
Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
after the last upgrade (GIT 27.06.2015) the following doesn't work anymore.

If I paste some lines (including end-of-line) into an xterm the commands aren't executed unless
I enter <ENTER> on my keyboard in addition.
I've long since given up being astonished at how some things work, but am I to take from this that there is/was a time when you'd paste a line of text (with the end of line there by virtue of it being a line of text) into an xterm and it would execute? And this would be considered proper?

It is --- pasted text is treated just as text, not editor commands.

However, I was thinking it needed something in README to explain what's
going on and point at the controls.

pws