Re: two mysteries

On Nov 7,  7:19am, Ray Andrews wrote:
}
} I think where I went off the rails is that this was part of  my trying
} to pass arrays (as we discussed) rather than flocks of independent
} values [...]
}
} ... and (so far) I don't know how to typeset an element of an array so

You can't typeset an element of an array.  Array elements (including
associative array elements) are presently always scalar.  There is
some room in the implementation for associative array elements to be
differently-typed, but arrays are stored internally as literal (char**).

Incidentally "typeset -i -A foo" is not rejected as an error, but the -i
flag always wins and you get an integer rather than an array.