Re: How completions work, do they require fpath?

On 29 January 2016 at 00:23, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The intention is that #1 is simple and can be rubber-stamped for every
> new completion function, but you always have #2 if #1 doesn't work for
> some reason.  Either way "compinit" has to happen to set up the rest of
> compsys, so there's no point in defining "compdef" independently.

There is a plugin (voronkovich/get-jquery) that calls compdef. The
problem is that this requires compinit being run before loading
plugins. But after loading them, compinit is also to be run, to take
account of possible new completions added by the plugins. I guess I
will shadow compdef and load compinit, and warn user about that in
report, that he will have compinit run twice. Unless there is a way to
provide compdef without whole compinit?

Best regards,
Sebastian Gniazdowski