Re: off topic

On 12/09/2016 11:24 AM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
Actually, I think that already exists, in a way:

Nuts, I've forgotten most of my own experience, but I do remember that somewhat -- IIRC it was a sort of 'close but no cigar' sort of thing -- you had to know what you were doing to use it, and of course the whole idea is that at that point the newbie has no idea. Seems to me that what I wanted was a sort of simple '1, 2, 3' set of choices for 'minimal setup (masochistic)', 'normal setup (sane)', and 'lots of bells and whistles setup (rococo)' with a friendly reminder that one can always rerun 'xxx' to change to something else if one wants to experiment. I remember being terrified of the installer, now that I recall.