Re: spaces in filenames should be a crime.

On 26/03/17 06:11 PM, Chris ccb wrote:
It seems to me like, no matter whether you're writing a 4 line script for
home/personal use, or working on some some serious business secure
real-time application to pull some crazy wonder out of thin air, it always
pays to "DTRT" just in the long term time/effort savings alone. Not to
mention the skill/habit forming benefits and potentially reputation that
good code brings along with it. Am I wrong?

Heck no. I hope I didn't sound like I was saying otherwise. The thing that bugs the heck out of me is exactly these issues of robustness, there's always another gotcha. It would be fantastic to be able to make things bullet proof right out of the gate, but that seems to be considered an accretion to be learned later on. Mind, anyone who puts newlines in filenames should be burned at the stake, it's sick and twisted. Bart will know how such things were ever permitted in the first place. Mere anarchy was loosed upon the world.