Re: tab completion taking a _really_ long time

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 6:41 PM, TJ Luoma <luomat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I ended up copying my .zshenv and .zshrc from my current machine to my
> old (recently revived) machine and that seems to have solved the
> problem, so unless someone happens to know off the top of their head
> what was the problem, feel free to ignore.

You've probably got a cdpath setting in there, pointing to a directory
that doesn't exist any more (maybe one that used to be an NFS mount?).

If instead of TAB you type control-x followed by a question mark,
completion debugging is invoked -- a file will be written in /tmp with
a trace of what the completion system is doing.  Hit control-c and
then have a look at the file.