Re: Opensource.com Zsh article

On 2019-09-19 3:59 p.m., Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 3:34 PM Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As I said, the answer to your question depends on what your question
actually means to you.  What _exactly_ is it that you think the
commercial entity might do in order to "take over" a project?
That's exactly what I'm asking.
I believe Ray means that Apple copies the code and begins publishing
it as "zsh", using their size and influence to declare that theirs is
now "the" authoritative version of the shell.
Yes, some scenario like that.  Anyway it was only the most general question, I hadn't meant to dive into some hard situation.   But as an example, you can see that if  Apple did decide that zsh would become an essential component of their universe, that they'd want complete control of it, and thus be tempted to more or less brush you and the crew aside.  No malice it's just that you can't imagine Tim Cook asking you guys for permission to change something.  I wonder how that would play out.  Meanwhile bash rests on a single pair of shoulders; good health to Chet ;-)