Re: disown -a

On 03/03/2021 07:15, Stephane Chazelas wrote:
2021-03-03 00:05:38 +0000, Daniel Shahaf:
[...]
zsh is not a bug-for-bug reimplementation of bash.

As to a workaround, you don't specify what -a should do, but perhaps this:

pdksh-based, ash-based, csh-based ones don't seem to have a
disown builtin.

Of the ones that have a disown builtin above, only bash and yash
support -a (also --all in yash).

bash added that option (as well as -r) in 2.02 (1998).

thanks for this interesting and comprehensive answer.

Now something I've never quite got my head round is or isn't the underlying binary in bash & zsh for say disown or  grep actually the same on any particular system?

Best regards

zzapper