Re: PATCH: build zsh-5.8 on AIX 7.1

On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 09:41:57PM +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote:

Greetings, Peter :)

> On Wed, 2021-08-25 at 14:55 -0700, Peter A. Castro wrote:
> > Greetings, All,
> >
> >   Found I needed to build zsh on AIX 7.1 and found a few things needing
> > simple tweaks to make it compile/link.  I'm a little surprised some of
> > this hasn't bubbled up on other platforms, but AIX has always been a
> > little schizophrenic, so whatever.
>
> Thanks, it looks like the mod_exports already made their way in, but
> that fix to the .c file headers just makes it fit in with the others, so
> that??s uncontroversial, too.

Awesome.

> >   Also found you needed to set CC and CFLAGS thus:
> >   CC=xlc
> >   CFLAGS="-qlanglvl=stdc99"
>
> This probably ought to go in the MACHINES file.  At the moment we??re
> claiming everything is fine everywhere, but that??s clearly not true
> here.
>
> Strictly this belongs on zsh-workers.

I used to be subscribed to zsh-workers, but was getting so much email I
couldn't keep up with it.  Anyway, did you want a patch for MACHINES or
will you just put it in yourself?

--
--=> Peter A. Castro
Email: doctor at fruitbat dot org / Peter dot Castro at oracle dot com