Re: nesting issue

On 2024-05-05 20:22, Bart Schaefer wrote:
Version sorting is yet another thing entirely, see
Functions/Misc/is-at-least for example.

A superb summary Bart.  It's why I don't get too worried  about it because there are so many possible interpretations.  I don't want to waste list time on it much.  I am curious about what zsh (or sort) is doing tho:

aaa,6,
aaa,6a
aaa,6a,howdy
aaa,6,howdy

I'm expecting the last line to be second because comma precedes 'a' irrespective of what happens in column 7.  But really, don't waste time on it.  In practice I'm quite happy with '(n)'.