zstrtol/strtol breakage

I'm trying to figure out what to do about the
zstrtol/strtol breakage.  My first question is
on which platforms is this broken?  I know about
Solaris and SunOS, but are there others?  If it is
broken, then the command

echo {1..10}

will give

{1..10}

rather than

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You should be using beta8 or beta9 to see this
(if you have a broken strtol).

If only Sun is showing this breakage, then I'll probably
write a configure test for this.  If this is just me
misunderstanding the man page for strtol, then I'll
just put zstrtol back.

rc