Re: more dependencies on emulation

Bart Schaefer wrote:
> If zsh were really emulating sh, arrays wouldn't work at all.  So it's a
> bit dubious to force ksh syntax only, given that it affects the indices
> as well as the syntax.

In sh ${foo[1]} is a syntax error so it does not introdueces any
incompatibility.

> I don't have a ksh to try this, but ~{pfalstad,rc} works fine in Bash

% ksh
$ echo ${.sh.version}
Version 12/28/93d
$ echo ~{hzoli,root}
~hzoli ~root

pdksh behaves similarily.

> (that is, the ~ is expanded), even though ~$USER doesn't expand tilde.
> In zsh's ksh emulation mode with this patch applied, ~$USER works, but

Do you mean that it gives the home directory of $USER?  It did not do that
before the patch.

> ~{pfalstad,rc} fails unless IGNORE_BRACES is also unset.  There doesn't

IGNORE_BRACES should probably be not set if zsh is invoked as ksh.  I'll
change that.

There is no standard for brace expansion and probably that's why shells are
differerent here.

Zoltan