Re: more dependencies on emulation

>% ksh
>$ echo ${.sh.version}

Now *there's* a good way to handle special variables.  I'd had exactly
this idea (start them all with .) before, but didn't realise anyone had
actually implemented that in a real shell.  Unfortunately it's far too
late to fix all our portability problems this way.

>IGNORE_BRACES should probably be not set if zsh is invoked as ksh.  I'll
>change that.

I was wondering about that.  My ksh at home, pdksh, does do brace expansion.

>There is no standard for brace expansion and probably that's why shells are
>differerent here.

Indeed.  I think the current behaviours are just fine.

-zefram